50th Dinner Day
Please keep checking this page for the latest news regarding the 50th!
A formal meal followed by a Ceilidh
A tour around the local towers to ring in places that you may not have rung at for a time if you've left York, Towers will be announced in the future
Catch up with old friends over a drink in the best pub in York (in our opinion anyway)
50th York Colleges Guild Annual Dinner
You are warmly invited to our 50th YCG Annual Dinner Day. The dinner and Ceilidh will be held on the evening of Saturday 13th June 2019 at the Hilton Hotel (YO1 9WD). Our Ceilidh will be hosted this year by the Shinjig six-piece ceilidh band. This event is open to all; ringers, friends and family, York residents, or anyone who is interested from further afield!
A three-course meal is included in the ticket price, along with a drink at arrival and half a bottle of wine with dinner. The menu choices are:
- Pork, apple and Calvados pâté, spiced pear chutney, sour dough croute.
- Smoked salmon & Monkfish terrine, pickled cucumber, Marie Rose sauce.
- Herb marinated chicken supreme with soufflé potatoes, green bean stack and tomato demi-glace.
- Asparagus with broad bean and parsley risotto, Chevre log crumble and wild rocket. (v)
- Caramel cheesecake with toffee sauce.
- Duo of chocolate torte served with fruit coulis.
We will also be having a ringing outing before the dinner around York which is to be arranged and details will be released shortly as well as drinks in a pub on the Friday evening.
We will be having a buffet lunch at Spurriergate on the Sunday which will also very likely involve a striking competition between different groups of YCG. Please let us know if you are coming so we know numbers for catering
Tickets are £40 and includes the dinner and the outing. The deadline for payment and menu choices is 15th May. There are three ways to pay -- please indicate how you wish to pay when you email your menu choices to us:
- Cash/ cheque in person to either Rosemary Hall, Rebecca Hall or William Lake.
- Cheque through post: please email for address
- BACS: please email for BACS account details.
There will be more details and precise itinerary to follow. Please note we are expecting a high demand this year so please email us back as soon as possible to secure your place.
There has been discussion for special peals / quarter peals to commemorate the event. Please let us know if you would like to ring in one
Finally please let anyone else from YCG that you know the details of the dinner so that we can get as many past members as possible to the weekend. Details are also available on the website.
In summary, please email firstname.lastname@example.org titled "YCG 50th Dinner Day" with your
- Menu choices (and dietary requirements)
- Payment method
- Availability for Sunday
- Years you were at YCG / York (if applicable)
- If you would like to ring in a quarter peal or peal
YCG 50th Anniversary Dinner Day Committee